DSF10/DSF15 External Hinged Pole
- Height—20' to 39'
- Pole—The pole shaft for 4.00" non-tapered square poles is fabricated from hot rolled commercial quality carbon steel of one-piece construction with a minimum yield strength of 55,000 psi. The pole shaft for all other sizes conforms to ASTM A595 Grade A or A572 Grade 55 with a constant linear taper of 0.11 in/ft.
- Pole Top—Pole is provided with either a tenon top or drilled for a fixture mounting. A removable pole cap is provided for drilled poles. Consult the luminaire manufacturer for correct tenon size or drill pattern. Other pole top options include pole cap only (PC) or plain top (PL) which is typical when the pole top diameter matches the necessary slip fit dimensions.
- Hinge—The external hinge includes a stainless steel pin. A flexible guide is provided for wiring protection through the hinge area.
- Shroud—The shroud is fabricated from weldable grade, hot rolled commercial quality carbon steel with a minimum yield strength of 45,000 psi. It is a onepiece formed channel which conforms to the pole shaft taper. The shroud is secured by a threaded stud and nut with provisions for a padlock to prevent accidental or unauthorized lowering.
- Winch—A removable winch is available for raising and lowering the pole.
- Handhole—A reinforced handhole with grounding provision is provided at 1'-6" from the base end of the pole assembly. Each handhole includes a cover and the cover attachment hardware. Poles with a 4.00" base square are supplied with a 3" X 5" rectangular handhole. All other pole assemblies are provided with a 4" X 6.5" ovalized handhole. Handhole dimensions are nominal.
- Full Base Cover—Optional two-piece full base cover is fabricated from ABS plastic. Valmont reserves the right to provide a two-piece steel full base cover on some applications depending upon the finish requirement and/or pole base square.
- Anchor Bolts—Anchor bolts conform to ASTM F1554 Grade 55 and are provided with two hex nuts and two flat washers. Bolts have an “L” bend on one end and are galvanized a minimum of 12" on the threaded end.
- Hardware—All structural fasteners are galvanized high strength carbon steel. All non-structural fasteners are galvanized or zinc-plated carbon steel or stainless steel.
- Finish—Standard finishes are either Galvanized (GV) or Finish Painted (FP). Additional finish options including Finish Paint over Galvanizing (FPGV) or any of the V-PRO™ Finish Coating Systems are available upon request. See the product ordering code for color options.
View Reference Numbers
Download Specification Sheet