RTFA Fluted Anchor Base Pole
- Height—8' to 32'
- Pole—The pole shaft is spun from seamless 6063 alloy aluminum with a constant linear taper of 0.14 in/ft.
- Fluting Process—The tapered shafts are cold rolled over a precision hardened steel mandrel to form the desired flute shape. The flutes are uniform and equally spaced throughout the process. The termination of the flutes is no greater than 1.50” radii transition into the round section of the shaft. The results of this fluting process are flutes with architecturally pleasing radiused terminations and crisp uniform flutes.
- Linear Flute Layout—Flutes start and stop to ensure anchor base connection fits a smooth round diameter and provides mounting of side-mount luminaire arm assemblies. Flute start and stop locations should be specified.
- Pole Top—A pole top plate and tenon are provided for top mount luminaire and/or bracket. A removable pole cap is provided for poles receiving drilling patterns for side-mount luminaire arm assemblies.
- Handhole—A covered handhole and grounding provision with hardware is provided.
- Base Cover—Optional decorative base covers available as special order
- Anchor Base—The anchor base is cast from 356 alloy aluminum. The completed assembly is heat-treated to a T6 temper. Aluminum nut covers are included with anchor base unless otherwise specified.
- Anchor Bolts—Anchor bolts conform to ASTM F1554 Grade 55 and are provided with two hex nuts and two flat washers. Bolts have an “L” bend on one end and are galvanized a minimum of 12” on the threaded end.
- Finish—The standard finish for the pole assembly and components is polyester powder applied coating in accordance with Valmont’s Specifications. Additional finish options available upon request.
View Reference Numbers
Download Specification Sheet