FL90 Single or Double Fluted Steel Davit Arms
- Height—20' to 35'
- Pole—The pole shaft conforms to ASTM A595 Grade A with a constant linear taper of 0.14 in/ft.
- Davit Arm—Davit arm shaft conforms to ASTM A595 Grade A with a constant linear taper of 0.14 in/ft. Davit arms can be a fluted cross section to match the pole shaft or a smooth round cross section. A single davit arm is either an integral part of the pole shaft or a separate section which slipfits the pole shaft. Double davit arms are a separate section which slipfits the pole shaft. Double luminaire arms can only be oriented 180° apart. An arm end plate and a 2.38” OD x 8.00” long tenon is provided for slip fit luminaires.
- Fluting Process—The tapered shafts are cold rolled over a precision hardened steel mandrel to form the desired flute shape. The flutes are uniform and equally spaced throughout the process. The termination of the flutes is no greater than 1.50” radii transition into the round section of the shaft. The results of this fluting process are flutes with architecturally pleasing radiused terminations and crisp uniform flutes.
- Linear Flute Layout—Flutes start and stop to ensure decorative nut covers and anchor base connection fit a smooth round diameter. Flute start and stop locations should be specified.
- Handhole—A covered handhole and grounding provision with hardware is provided.
- Nut Covers—Decorative anchor bolt nut covers with hardware are provided.
- Base Cover—Optional decorative base covers available as special order.
- Anchor Base—The anchor base (base plate) conforms to ASTM A36.
- Anchor Bolts—Anchor bolts conform to ASTM F1554 Grade 55 and are provided with two hex nuts and two flat washers. Bolts have an “L” bend on one end and are galvanized a minimum of 12” on the threaded end.
- Hardware—All structural fasteners are galvanized high strength carbon steel. All non-structural fasteners are galvanized or zinc-plated carbon steel or stainless steel.
- Finish—Standard finishes are galvanized, prime painted or any of Valmont’s V-PRO™ Protection Systems. Additional finish options available upon request.
Download Specification Sheet